GPL - Free
The module is based on the Jquery script Zoom-info described in the Addy Osmani tutorial (www.addyosmani.com) and implements a fixed (non responsive) simple image gallery allowing to display picture teaser text on hovering.
It supports multiple uses on the same page by defining a unique id for each module .
Module allows to define following settings:
* images folder
* box parameters: title and teaser css
* max 20 images.
- best result is obtained when the image physical size is identical to the gallery image box sizes
- the physical image must have a height in px >= image gallery height
How to define url links in caption text
1) do not define external url for the picture
2) define your image caption text as follows (exemple of picture 3 in above demo)
Note: do not define br tags if the "New line to br tag" parameter is enabled. Each line return in the parameter box will generate a br tag.
V1.1 - 01 May 2010 : Version corrected for jquery noconflict support
V1.2 - 03 May 2010 : Version corrected for Transitional XHTML validation compliance
V1.3 - 06 May 2010: Version once again corrected for full compliance to Tansitional XHTML
V1.4 and 1.4.1 - 29 May 2010: Version 1.4 and 1.4.1 corrects support for pictures 7 to 9 settings..
V1.4.2 - 08 Aug 2010: Version adapted to fit image width defined as module parameter and no more a fixed width or 325px when hovering is removed.
V1.4.3 - 22 Sep 2010 : same as V1.4.2 but module updated to support 12 images.
V1.5.0 - 16 Jan 2011: merge of V1.4.1 and 1.4.3 behaviours by addition of a module parameter to define the picture full size
V1.5.1 - 18 Jan 2011: added one more parameter to allow specification of the resizing width. This will allow to cope easily with portrait or landscape base pictures.
V1.5.3 - 20 Mar 2011: minor bug fix (bad named variable for one picture)
V1.5.3a: 03 May 2011 : bug correction to activate no conflict mode if jquery is not loaded by the module.
V1.6.0 - 05 May 2011 Major release
- increased max number of images to 16
- added support for definition of a gallery left margin (allows to easily center the gallery in the module)
- added external images provider support
- added fixed/random image selection (n images of the max images defined)
- added separation of image box and image sizes parametrisation (allows to cope with image greater than image box or specific layout with title at the bottom of the image box)
- added box inline css parameter (border customisation, ...)
- added support of image color specific target (background, title, teaser text or title & teaser)
- added support of html in teaser text (require to work in -no_editor- mode for J1.5)
- added support for New Line character conversion in br tag for teaser text (allow the generation of a br tag at each parameter text line return)
- added possibility to force a clear div at the end of the gallery
- improved a lot the module code and backend presentation
V1.7 - 19 May 2011
- added support for 20 pictures (popular request for sport team presentation)
- added css to reset any margin defined in template for image in article content (mainly for Artisteer templates)
V1.7.1 - 31 May 2011
- added padding reset for templates that sets padding value for -a- tag
V1.7.2 - 31 May 2011
- same version with addition of !important to one css statement
V1.7.3 - 12 March 2012
- minor admin interface improvement
V1.7.3 - 12 March 2012
- Initial release of the j2.5 compatible version (also compatible with j1.6 and j1.7)
- Same functionalities as the J1.5 version
V1.7.3a - 14 March 2012
- Number of images in gallery was incorrectly based on the number of images defined in module parameters and not on the parameter defining the number of images to display in the gallery.
If you use and like mod_zoominfo, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Note:This product is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project. It is not supported or warranted by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.