GPL - Free
The module is based on the "Animate a hover with jQuery3 " described in Timothy van Sas tutorial (http://www.incg.nl/blog/2008/hover-block-jquery/).
The module allows vertical/horizontal/both sliding or fading animation of an image gallery. On hovering, the image is slided/faded and a teaser text is displayed (title + text).It supports multiple uses on the same page by defining a unique id for each module.
Module allows to define following settings:
* images folder
* tested on FF, IE, Safari, Google Chrome - XHTML 1.0 compliant.
Please note that RTL gallery effects requires imperatively that the image physical sizes for width and height are identical to the dimensions defined for the image in the module parameters.
V1.0 - 28 Aug 2010 : Initial release
V2.0 - 19 Sep 2010 : Added diagonal sliding movement
V2.1 - 22 Sep 2010: No change except default images references are removed (keep only first picture as example).
V2.2 - 14 Feb 2011: Added module class suffix parameter and support for 16 images.
V2.3 - 20 March 2011: Minor bug fix on a picture variable
V2.4 - 23 March 2011: Added fade in gallery effect and effect duration parameter
V2.5 - 24 march 2011 : Added multicolored teaser background support. Now, you can either define a gallery default teaser background color or a specific teaser background color for each image.
V2.6 - 28 march 2011
- J15! : bug correction on gallery positionning. If you were using the module with left positionning, please take care to check/adapt the module width.
- J16!: initial release, functionally equivalent to J1.5 version.
V3.0 - 24 April 2011 Major release
- added external images provider support
- added random image selection (n images of the max images defined)
- added support of image color specific target (background, title, teaser text or title & teaser)
- added support for title and teaser centering
- added support for title-teaser seperator
- added special fade option to allow definition of url links in teaser text
- added support of html in teaser text (require to work in -no_editor- mode for J1.5)
- improved a lot the backend module presentation
Important note: afer upgrade, open systematically all mod_animatehover modules and save them in order to save the new parameters and ... check systematically the results.
V3.0a - 03 May 2011
- typo correction for box background color html syntax
V3.0.b - 03 May 2011
- raw html support for teaser text
- Newline to br tag conversion support for teaser text
V3.1 - 18 May 2011
- suppression of error notice on reference of no more used variable
- support of 20 images (popular request for sport team presentation)
- added support for gallery top and bottom margins
- addition of 3 gallery effect movements to cope with RTL language behaviorsV3.2 - 21 June 2011
- correction of module definition in xml configuration file
V3.3 02 July 2011
- correction of missing quotes in one translation sentence in the en-GB language file that creates problems when using another language file
- added flemish translation (thanks to Frank Joris)
V3.1a - 25 January 2012
- limitation of gallery items generation to the exact number of images defined in the gallery and no more based on the number of rows.
v3.4 - 15 May 2012
- added parameter "overlay top offset" to allow to force title display (see it in action)
- bug correction for IE in the case the last row is not complete
V3.4a - 14 November 2012
- modified the item class name used by the module to avoid clash with same class name used by some templates.
If you do not have css problem, there is no need to upgrade.
If you use and like mod_animate_hover, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
This product is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla! Project. It is not supported or warranted by the Joomla Project or Open Source Matters.